This is a five row chromatic C-system. There are other systems as well but this is the system that is used here in Sweden. About 90% of the Swedish accordion players are using this system and the remaining 10% are using piano accordions. (Excluding other types of squeezeboxes such as diatonics)

Advantages of this system compared to the piano key system (PA players - consider this!):

(I've also made a more thorough comparison of piano, chromatic and uniform accordions.)

Some (minor) disadvantages:


Back to Hans Palm's Accordion Page: main page

Hans Palm 1997, hans.palm@mailbox.swipnet.se , snail address